It’s only August, so you’re probably not thinking about next tax season yet – but I am! Get ahead of the game by setting up your IRS online account now so you don’t have to worry about it, come tax season.
What you need on-hand to create your account:
- Email address
- SSN or ITIN
- Tax filing status and mailing address
- One financial account number linked to your name
- Mobile phone linked to your name OR access to mail
What you can view with your IRS online account:
- Payoff amount, which is updated for the current day.
- Balance for each tax year for which you owe taxes.
- Your payment history.
- Key information from the your most current tax return as originally filed.
- Payment plan details if they have one.
- Digital copies of select IRS notices.
- Economic Impact Payments if you received any.
- Your address on file.
Contact me if you need help setting up your IRS online account!